Thursday, November 17, 2011

Occupy

Occupy Wall Street.  We are the 99%.  Class war.  No middle class.  Change.  These are the buzzwords circulating today.  I have been thinking about our society, our government, and our world for a long time.  I have wondered if the 1% know they are the 1%.  I wonder if they want change as badly as the rest of us…maybe many of them don’t mind paying higher taxes.  Maybe many of them are using their money to initiate innovations in our world and give large amounts to help others less fortunate.  I know we need change.  I support change and can see this “Occupy” movement is a step.  For the majority of us, “enough is enough”.  Yet, this method is bothering me a bit.  It is creating a separation of “us and them” which I remember from the 60’s and 70’s.  In some ways, it seems to create more separation than unity.

In my opinion, what we need is cooperation.  We need for each one of us to go within ourselves and connect to our deeper selves.  We need to take responsibility for our own thoughts and actions, and always question if what we are doing is for the good of all.  Allow other opinions and points of view.  If they don’t line up with yours, find a space for compromise.  In doing so, true change and peace would be possible.  Rather than being part of the 99% or the 1%, we should strive to be part of the 100%.  So here is my take on “occupy”:

Love 100%
Serve 100%
Cooperate 100%
Inspire 100%
Share 100%
Think positive 100%
Take responsibility 100%
Respect each other 100%
Allow 100%

Occupy your life 100%

I know…”you may say I’m a dreamer (but I’m not the only one)”.  Let it be.

Note:  Thanks to my cousin, Mamie Lewis Potter for sharing a quote from the Daily Om on facebook this morning.  It contained the seeds of inspiration for this blog.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you Nancy! I feel the same! I believe it is possible! On Shanti

    ReplyDelete